Sunday, February 14, 2010

Future Post?

I can't believe how busy I am. I never would have thought it possible that I could be too busy for reading! It's ghastly & entirely criminal. I read & blogged more in one month than I have in the past 3!!

I have been sporadically reading a book series by Mercedes Lackey: The Last Herald Mage Trilogy, for those that have heard of it. I'm just waiting till the end of the 3rd book before posting a single post about it. Why? Because I didn't care that much for the first one: the main character was too whiney (he was 16). However, since the 2nd book takes place when he's 28 (and much less whiney) I figured I'd do an overall review about the 3 books. That way some criticism would be less harsh.

However, I am super SUPER excited about a book I just bought called The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor. It's an Alice in Wonderland take...except that it's about a princess named Alyss who escaped from her crazy aunt Redd & told her story to Lewis Carroll...who promptly got everything about her wrong! Even the spelling of her name! It looks pretty good, and it definitely trumps all of my other books right now. Well, for right-this-second-now. I could change my mind again at any time.

So, I hope to get on here more often: books are still my escape & my solace from reality. Weekends are pretty much the only time I have left to me and even then they're taken up by chores.

Oh, & Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Your reality is, sometimes, stranger than fiction. BSCL. You can't argue.

    ReplyDelete