Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Banned Book Club

I have exciting news! I'm in a Book Club. But! Not just any Book Club - it's a Book Club that will read books that were banned and/or burned in the past.

The first book? Fahrenheit 451. Coincidentally, that is also the latest book that I've been attempting to finish. Now this will give me the excuse to finally finish reading it.

I've never been part of a Book Club before, and after having read the book list (of which I already own 3-4 books), I'm super stoked - both for the books themselves, as well as the discussions. Part of the reason why I even started writing this blog was so that I could talk about books (my favourite subject). However, as much as I like talking about books, I like discussing them even more. I'm just nervous that I'll have nothing to contribute since I don't know anything about literature.

However, I'm game. Two of my very good friends are in the club as well so this will be a fantastic way to spend time with them as well as meet more like-minded individuals.

Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment